- From: "Patrick 'P. J.' McDermott" <pj+proteanos-ml АТ pehjota DОТ net>
- To: proteanos-dev АТ lists DОТ proteanos DОТ com
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 21:49:25 -0500
- Message-id: <531933B5 DОТ 3080204 АТ pehjota DОТ net>
This is opkhelper, a collection of utilities to automate common tasks in
building distribution packages using opkbuild.
Included in opkhelper are programs to automatically work with package
build systems, fix file owners and modes, strip binary files, and
install files into binary packages, etc.
opkhelper is inspired by debhelper, a similar collection of programs for
Here is the Web page for opkhelper:
Source archives are available in gzip, bzip2, or xz compression from the
ProteanOS files site by HTTP or FTP:
Here are the MD5 checksums:
Here are the SHA-256 checksums:
The sources are maintained in a Git repository:
This release is marked by the "opkhelper-3.0.0" tag.
NEWS for Version 3.0.0
Changes in this release:
* The kbuild build system plugin now no longer guesses the wrong
package-specific architecture name in certain cases.
* opkhelper now includes its own (simpler and more robust) output and
locale library modules and no longer depends on opkbuild's library.
opkhelper can now be built without opkbuild being installed first.
* Variable definitions are improved and enforced with "set -u".
* The old and hard-to-maintain custom build system has been replaced
with one generated with GNU Autoconf and Automake.
- Library files are installed into subdirectories of datadir instead
of into subdirectories of libdir (but still under /usr/local/share
- The "--with-multiarch-libdir" option has been replaced with a
* tests/testlib.sh is now distributed in released archives.
* NEWS now contains summaries of changes in each released version.
ChangeLog is now populated with the Git commit log.
* A helper configuration script is now installed to allow opkbuild
3.0.0-beta3 or later to set up the build environment to use
- The location of the helper configuration script can be set with
the "--with-opkbuild-helpers=PATH" configure option.
- The ProteanOS package containing the current version of opkhelper
is named "opkhelper-3.0", so this helper configuration script will
need to be renamed from "opkhelper" to "opkhelper-3.0" to build
ProteanOS packages that depend on "opkhelper-3.0".
Patrick "P. J." McDermott
Lead Developer, ProteanOS