opkhelper 3.0.0-beta2 released

Hi,

I've just released a new version of opkhelper.

You can get the archives in gzip, bzip2, or xz compression from the
files site by HTTP [1] or FTP [2].

[1]: http://files.proteanos.com/pub/opkhelper/3.0.0-beta2/
[2]: ftp://files.proteanos.com/pub/opkhelper/3.0.0-beta2/

Or if you've cloned the Git repository [3], make sure you've checked out
the "opkhelper-3.0.0-beta2" tag.

[3]: http://git.proteanos.com/opkhelper/opkhelper.git/

Changes
-------

See the "ChangeLog" file and Git commit history for complete lists of
changes.

This version includes small fixes to four bugs in the oh-installfiles
and oh-auto* utilities.

oh-autoconfigure now configures packages with architecture-specific
"multiarch" library directories by default.  This can be disabled by
configuring opkhelper with the "--with-multiarch-libdir=false" option
introduced in version 3.0.0-beta1; however, packages built for ProteanOS
should use the multiarch library directories.

The build system has been improved.  It is now non-recursive, slightly
faster, over 100 lines smaller, and more easily maintainable.

The old and temporary "mkarchtab" makefile is now gone.  Architecture
table entries are now properly provided by opkhelper.  (The table was
previously supposed to be provided by a separate package, but that won't
be happening.)

Installation
------------

As usual, see the "INSTALL" file and the output of `./configure --help`
for information on the installation of opkhelper.

Now, building and installing opkhelper on any sufficiently POSIX-
conformant system should require no more than the two or three familiar
commands, executed within the top-level source directory:

    $ ./configure
    $ make    # Optional; `make install` will do this if it isn't done.
    # make install

By default, opkhelper is installed under /usr/local as usual.

Portability

As always, opkhelper and its build system should work with almost any
modern UNIX-like system, Bourne/Korn-style shell interpreter, and make
implementation; and I'd like to know if it doesn't.  (I'm particularly
interested in knowing if the makefile still works with FreeBSD pmake;
it's tested to work with GNU Make and NetBSD pmake.)

--
Patrick "P. J." McDermott
http://www.pehjota.net/